COPIED FROM FICPI INTERNATIONAL, NEEDS TO BE UPDATED
This website is operated by The British Association of the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI-UK). We are committed to protecting and preserving your personal information. This Policy sets out how we process any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us through our website.
FICPI-UK has designated a Data Protection Officer and is complying fully with all applicable European Data Protection legislation and regulations. As such, we process your data lawfully, honestly and with transparency.
We will keep your information secure. We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of data subject rights.
We assume that by providing us with your personal information and using our website, you have read and understood the terms and conditions set out relating to personal data protection.
Additional Data Protection Information
- Identity: Fédération Internationale des Conseils en propriété Intellectuelle (FICPI)
- Postal address: Holbeinstraße 36, 4003 Basel, Switzerland
- Telephone No.: +34 932 151 917
- E-mail address: [email protected]
Data Protection Contact
- Identity: RENTSCH PARTNER AG, Dr. Adrian Fischbacher
- Postal address: Kirchenweg 8, 8008 Zürich, Switzerland
- Telephone No.: +41 44 225 70 70
- E-mail address: [email protected]
Purpose of the Processing
The data that you provide to us will be processed by FICPI for the following purposes:
- To attend to and respond to your requests for information about services, events or training offered by FICPI.
- To attend to and process your application for membership in FICPI.
- To attend to and manage your registration request to any FICPI events or training and to search the membership list of FICPI.
Legitimation for Data Processing
The legal basis for this processing of your data is:
- Processing is necessary for the performance of the relationship with FICPI or is necessary for the performance of a contract (Article 6.b GDPR).
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with supplier (Article 6.b GDPR).
- The consent, which you have given by contacting us through our contact form and/or any other email account provided on our website (Article 6.a GDPR).
Information that you provide to FICPI will be kept in a form that permits identification of you for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data has been provided to us, and shall be sorted for the time required to respond to their requests.
Recipients of Your Data
Your data will not be provided to third parties and will be processed with strict confidentiality and in accordance with the security measures as established in current legislation or as required by a specific law, if applicable.
Some of the information provided by you to FICPI about yourself will be made available on our membership database to the public and to our membership.
Rights of the Data Subject
People who are the subjects of the data processed by FICPI are always entitled to access their data, rectify any errors, object to the processing of that data or have information deleted if they believe that it is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or provided, in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Also, if you wish, you may request a limitation concerning the processing of your data in which case we shall only store the data required to make or defend ourselves against claims. You may also revoke the consent you have given at any time.
To exercise these rights, you may contact FICPI by e-mail at [email protected]. Also, if you are not satisfied with the response to your request to exercise your rights, you may make a complaint to the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.